Luna Platform FAQs
Welcome to our Luna Platform Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page. Here, we’ll address common queries about the Luna platform, its capabilities, advantages, deployment methods, security measures, compatibility, customization options, and scalability for large-scale deployments. Have questions not answered here? Connect with us at email@example.com.
The Luna platform is Bluetooth-to-cloud IoT (Internet-of-Things) connectivity solution that consists of trackers, software based gateways, and SaaS cloud services. The platform enables you to cost-effectively monitor your supply chain to the pallet level, streamline healthcare vital sign and equipment tracking, and see all your mobile computers, barcode scanners, and important assets on a single dashboard. Luna transforms your existing barcode scanners, mobile computers, and other Wi-Fi-enabled devices into versatile gateways and trackers, enabling seamless bi-directional communication. Luna ensures data remains secure through end-to-end encryption and offers a flexible approach to IoT deployment, making it easier to connect devices and integrate with other systems.
Through a simple software deployment, Luna transforms any Bluetooth-enabled device with Wi-Fi or cellular connectivity into a secure tracker and gateway. The key advantages of this are:
- Device Tracking to Asset Tracking: Once device tracking is enabled, it’s simple to expand Luna’s capabilities to track and monitor the condition of assets using low-cost yet durable sensors.
- Next-level Visibility on a Single Screen: Luna creates a pervasive IoT network, expanding the reach and functionality of IoT solutions to provide unparalleled visibility and control on a single screen.
- Simple & Secure: Luna ensures secure communication without the need for local device pairing or bonding, ensuring data integrity and privacy.
- Easy Integration: Luna software gateways seamlessly integrate into existing infrastructure and mobile devices with a single click, eliminating the need for complex client-side configuration.
- Speed to Launch: Luna’s software-based platform enables rapid implementation! For device tracking, Luna can go from zero to operational in under a day. Even for asset tracking, which includes the additional step of affixing sensors to assets, Luna can be fully operational in less than a week.
Luna offers several advantages over traditional RFID for asset tracking:
- Cost-Efficiency: Luna doesn’t require specialized RFID hardware, which can be costly to implement and maintain. Instead, it leverages existing Bluetooth-enabled devices, reducing hardware expenses.
- Versatility: Luna’s software-based approach allows it to track not only assets with RFID tags but also a wide range of Bluetooth-enabled devices, providing a more versatile solution.
- Real-Time Visibility: Luna offers real-time tracking and monitoring, providing instant updates on asset location and status, whereas RFID may require manual scanning at specific checkpoints.
- Ease of Deployment: Luna’s software can be deployed with minimal configuration, making it easier and quicker to implement compared to RFID systems, which often involve complex infrastructure setup.
- Interoperability: Luna’s open standard facilitates easy integration with existing systems and devices, allowing for a seamless connection to various IoT solutions.
Overall, Luna’s cost-effectiveness, versatility, real-time capabilities, ease of deployment, and interoperability make it a compelling alternative to traditional RFID for asset tracking.
The Luna Locate mobile application combines a Luna gateway and Luna tracker in a single app. Mobile devices running Luna Locate can communicate freely using Bluetooth Low Energy and can be deployed via public app stores or MDM solutions.
Hardware support for BLE asset tags is provided through Luna BLE tags or the Luna embedded SDK. Asset tracking with Luna involves deploying the Luna Locate app to your existing WI-Fi and/or Cellular enabled devices (anchors, routers, mobile devices, telematics devices) to ‘transform’ them into gateways that can pull in information from the Luna-enabled BLE asset tags.
Yes, Luna provides embedded and mobile SDKs for integration with your chosen hardware. Integrating into existing solutions, especially iOS and Android mobile apps, is common.
Your data security is a top priority with Luna, and we’ve implemented comprehensive measures to ensure robust protection.
End-to-End Encryption: Luna employs end-to-end encryption, ensuring that your data is secure during transmission and storage. This means that even if intercepted, your information remains indecipherable to unauthorized parties.
Zero-Trust Approach: Luna follows a strict ‘zero-trust’ security philosophy, which means that trust is never assumed within the network. Devices that act as gateways are neutral, so solely pass along data without accessing or reading it, reducing vulnerabilities and maintaining trustworthiness.
One-Time Provisioning: Luna establishes a secure connection through a one-time ECDH handshake, binding edge devices to customer agents, guaranteeing that only authorized entities can access your data.
Advanced Security Features: Our system includes additional security measures such as MAC rotation, ephemeral IDs, and application message counters, adding extra layers of protection throughout the data process.
With Luna, your data’s integrity and confidentiality are paramount, ensuring that it remains secure against potential threats at every step of its journey.
Luna technology can work with nearly all Bluetooth-enabled device and sensor providers. Here is a list of partners we currently have certified that work with Luna: Zebra, Honeywell, Datalogic, Samsung, Nordic, Minew, Dusun, Fanstel, Trivedi.
Absolutely, Luna is a ‘bring your own’ hardware and software offering designed for flexibility to meet unique customer requirements.
All Luna cloud services are scalable, accommodating up to 1 million devices per instance for large-scale deployments.
Luna provides several industry standard secured B2B/cloud integration interfaces – RESTful API, MQTT, and web sockets.